Revision: September 04, 2021, at 02:42 AM
- The RAANZ database contains information provided by RAANZ members, Instructors and Inspection Authorities.
- This data is provided and held for the primary purpose of recording, issuing and maintaining membership, pilot certificate and aircraft annual inspection status as required by our Part 149 delegation.
- The data is also a reference for RAANZ Administration to communicate with members.
- The database in its entirety is to be kept confidential to RAANZ Administration and members of the Executive,
- The data may not be disclosed to any other party for any other purpose with the exception of the following...
- Requests from the Civil Aviation Authority for specific pilot certificate or aircraft annual inspection status.
- Requests from ATOs, Instructors and IAs for specific pilot membership, certificate or aircraft annual inspection status.
- Requests from members for contact information for Clubs, Instructors, Inspection Authorities.
- Requests from club officers for member lists including membership and certificate status.
- Use of the database for any other purpose may only be made with the knowledge and agreement of the RAANZ Executive
- New members are assigned a random 10 character password.
- Forgotten password generates and emails a new 10 character password.
- Members can also change their password manually or click 'auto' for a random 10 character password.
- However generated, these passwords are hashed into the database- the plaintext version of the password is not able to be reverse engineered from the hash.
The system also handles transitions from the original plaintext passwords-
- Members can log in with their existing password.
- On login that password is hashed and the plaintext copy removed from the database.
- Members can then either stick with their original password or change as detailed above.
- Either way, their password is irreversibly hashed and not able to be reverse engineered.